Tuesday, January 17, 2006

fated

Yesterday, I was lost in thought: wouldn’t it be wonderful if I could live my life in a bubble, just floating around, and watching the world go by, insulated from world events, and happenings. Just be a Watcher?


Flubbed recit yesterday. When Prof Baviera went in for Civil Law Review, I was busy trying to arrange the assigned cases in the order that they were to be discussed. I came upon this one case which I hadn’t read? What the?!? Why did I bring this case? Is this for next meeting?

I checked the outline.

Yikes! It was assigned! And it was the first case!

I speed-read the case while the Professor was calling the roll.

“Mr. Mercado, tell the class what happened in the case of Republic v the Court of Appeals.”


Haha. My luck. I read everything, including the kitchen sink, save for one case; and I’d have to be called to recite that one case I didn’t read. The Fates, somewhere, must be laughing.

Strange thing, Fate. You don’t know whether to believe in them or not.

By our words, we do believe in them, but not completely. I think deep down, we’re all aware that whatever happens to us is mostly due to the consequences of our actions. And yet, when we want to ascribe something magical to a circumstance, we call it Fate. As in, I met my future wife because of Fate.

Or when tragedies happen, we also ascribe it to Fate, so that we justify losses, and tell ourselves that it wasn’t our fault- and so that we can help ourselves move on.
(What are we all fated to be?)

4 Comments:

Blogger duke said...

When all other reasons fail.. fate steps in. When you can't find a logical reason, fate becomes the answer. Well, that's just my two cent's.
Then again,there are people who believe solely in fate.
Mala-Serendipity ;)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Talang Pula said...

isay!
knew a namesake of yours in college. good person. she's a doctor to the provinces now, last i heard.
wing it? hay. sana nga. minsan lang talaga, when Fate step in and just steps on thought-out Plans, well, magulo na talaga. parang di mo na malaman kung anung puwede mo pang gawin. hay.
-
duke...
that's it! tumpak. =)

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Rexall vitamin psoriasis and hair loss Honda accord rubber bushings men webcams nude stationery stationary stationerys stationarys stat Vintage fairy wedding dress mounting atv tires Standard life assurance britain

1:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jordan shoes, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, burberry, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin pas cher, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada handbags, chanel handbags, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, replica watches, longchamp, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, air max, nike free, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, sac longchamp, michael kors, louis vuitton, nike free, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, ugg boots, louboutin shoes

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home